Current Open Positions
Communications and Marketing Associate
Supervisor: Director of Development and Communications
The Communications and Marketing Associate develops and maintains the marketing and communications plan for the organization, and coordinates and produces all external communications ensuring effective and consistent messaging. This person works with the Director of Development and Communications on messaging for public relations communications and public events.
The Communications and Marketing Associate is a storyteller responsible for graphic design and copywriting, has experience with desktop publishing including Adobe InDesign and has strong social media skills. They have a passion for our mission, a keen sense of social justice and a willingness to learn and grow as a part of a dynamic team.
FTE: 32-40 hours, 52 weeks/year; some evenings and weekends
- Design and execute the annual communications and marketing plan for the organization.
- Promote greater awareness of the organization as the media liaison: attend community events, initiate media opportunities, feature stories, interviews, public speaking, and paid advertising opportunities.
- Design and produce e-communications, dynamic social media plan, and website content.
- Design print materials for development and program-related recruitment needs including but not limited to brochures, advertisements, event flyers, and invitations.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development and Communications on the design and production of the annual report.
- Design collateral materials to be included in mailings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent storytelling and brand awareness skills
- Extensive experience with a wide range of software programs including Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and WordPress, to name a few
- Expert social media skills across all current popular channels, with a passion for creative information-sharing
- Some photography skills helpful
- Robust interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail
- Passion for Mercy Connections and helping others toward greater self-sufficiency
- Significant public visibility, interest and support of the organization
- Clarity of the mission and exact brand of Mercy Connections
- Stakeholders demonstrate enthusiasm for and allegiance to Mercy Connections and the relevant role the organization plays in the community
How to Apply
To apply, send resume, relevant work samples, and links to social media profiles you’ve managed to Marissa Strayer-Benton @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Other ways to get involved
Please inquire about alternative opportunities to get involved in the work of our organization.