Current Open Positions
Join our Team!
Title: Administrative Coordinator
Mercy Connections is a community-based organization that supports adult learners with innovative education, helps women launch and expand their businesses, and reduces recidivism of women through mentorship while advocating for justice reform. Through our impactful education and social justice programs, people are empowered to make significant life changes.
Accountability/Supervisor: Executive Director (ED)
The Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support for and works closely with the Executive Director and general operations of the organization. The Coordinator works to set a tone of radical hospitality at the organization facilitating a positive experience for participants and guests. Position encompasses administration, development support, weekly community lunch, hospitality, direct participant engagement and is an instrumental part of the overall team.
FTE: Avg. 32hrs/ week for 52 weeks/yr
- Assistant to the Executive Director
- Provide administrative support to ED including logistical support for Board of Trustees and general operations.
- Facilities Coordination
- Help maintain a safe and clean environment
- Keep up-to-date calendar of all on-site events
- Purchase and stock office, kitchen and bathroom supplies
- Maintain petty cash
- Work as liaison between building maintenance, vendors and organization
- Coordinate daily mail (weigh mail, take mail to the mailbox, purchase stamps)
- Greet and assist people as they enter facility modelling warmth and hospitality
- Provide tours as necessary
- Weekly purchase food for weekday consumption (fruit, coffee, tea, half and half, cereal, oatmeal,)
- Thursday Community Meal for 40 – 60 people weekly
- Organize systems for preparation and cleanup of weekly lunch and other occasional events
- Coordinate three Thursday Lunch Pot-luck events (Nov, Dec, June)
- Coordinate and assist volunteers/interns as needed
- Program Support
- Provide support to program staff, classes and program events including:
- Coordinating production of materials for student recruitment, classes and graduations
- Food purchase and set up for occasional events
- Maintaining participant/student data
- Development Support and Special Events
- Receive and process gifts received
- Communicate and coordinate with vendors for special events
- General logistical support for special events as needed
6. Other duties as needed and assigned
- BA or equivalent experience
- Professional administrative work experience in nonprofit preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, multitask in an office/educational setting
- Computer & technical skills – knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher
- Understanding of socioeconomic class and cultural competency
- Ability to work effectively with wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to create a safe and hospitable learning environment
- Sensitivity and respect for mission and social justice culture
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Facility exudes a calm, respectful, purposeful learning environment
- Executive Director is provided with support needed to help move the organization forward
- Board Members know their time and effort is valued and put to good use
- Program staff feel supported in delivery of classes and events
To apply, send resume to Finance & Operations Director, Alana Shaw: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 27, 2019.
Other ways to get involved
Please inquire about alternative opportunities to get involved in the work of our organization.