2021-2022 Trainings and Events
Trainings are all scheduled to be in person (if necessary, trainings will run via Zoom and details will be shared in advance of the first session).
To register, please contact Joanne Nelson, Director, Justice & Mentoring Programs, (802) 846-7164.
New Mentor Training
Interested in becoming a mentor? Participate in our upcoming 5-week training, Wednesdays, February 16 & 23, March 2, 9 & 16, all 5:30-7:30 PM. Our training program and ongoing support includes mentor support group meetings, education on issues which affect the re-entry process, and healthy socially –distanced events. This program advocates for criminal justice reform. Women interested in the training do not need to have prior knowledge of the criminal justice system or mentoring experience to participate.
- Session #1: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 5:30-7:30 pm
- Session #2: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 5:30-7:30 pm
- Session #3: Wednesday, March2, 2022, 5:30-7:30 pm
- Session #4: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 5:30-7:30 pm
- Session #5: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 5:30-7:30 pm
Mentor Support Group
Support group meetings are for active, matched mentors in the Vermont Women's Mentoring Program*:
- Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 5:30-7:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 5:30-7:00 pm
*All support group meetings are via Zoom. Please contact Joanne Nelson: email@example.com to register and receive Zoom details.