Mercy Connections is an educational values-driven non-profit organization living the legacy of the Sisters of Mercy with an enduring concern for women. By compassionately nurturing self-sufficiency through education, mentoring, entrepreneurship and community, people are empowered to make significant life changes.
The Mercy Connections way
We approach our mission with a simple philosophy that permeates every class, program and event we offer. We call it “radical hospitality.” This idea is made visible by the warm, welcoming environment of our space. We respect every person who comes to us for help. We have faith in each person’s ability to move toward greater self-sufficiency. At Mercy Connections, we understand that friendship and support are just as important as computer skills or language training.
Five keys to Mercy Connections success
- Talented, hard-working staff and leadership
- Dedicated volunteers who serve in countless ways
- Friendly, safe and positive environment, conducive to learning
- Unique and diverse programs that move people towards greater self-sufficiency
- Strong, vibrant board of directors who truly care about our community
Mercy Connections, Inc. was founded in 2001 by the Sisters of Mercy as an educational nonprofit after the closing of Trinity College.
“The proof of love is deed, the business of our lives.”
~ Catherine McAuley