Position Summary: The Development Coordinator collaborates with the development and communications team to help inspire support for Mercy Connections’ mission in order to cultivate and grow its active donor base, meet annual fundraising goals and help significantly lift MC’s profile in the community and state. This role is focused on data management, gift processing, managing mailings, prospect research and supporting our annual cycle of fundraising campaigns and events.
FTE: Full time (1.0)
Salary range: $42,000 - 48,000
E.O.E. Position is open until filled.
- Manage appeal mailing(s) process, working in partnership with team members and external vendors.
- Gift processing; enter, prepare and send acknowledgements and reconcile with the finance office.
- Be the most knowledgeable person on staff about Mercy Connections CRM: Neon.
- Track, analyze and report on fundraising performance, overall as well as specific appeal efforts.
- Run, distribute, and design monthly, annual and ad-hoc reports from the database.
- Maintain complete and accurate processes and systems to recognize, cultivate, acknowledge, and communicate with past and current donors.
- Research new major gift donor prospects and support the director of development and executive director in their stewardship and cultivation of major donors.
- Work collaboratively with the development and communications team to best support donor stewardship, solicitations, communications and events.
- Deeply understand and embrace the mission and programs and services of Mercy Connections.
- Represent Mercy Connections in a manner that inspires confidence, models the organization’s values and contributes to excellence and accountability.
- Actively participate in all-staff meetings, as well as program activities and events.
- All employees are expected to perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time, to meet the needs of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required and 3-5 years of development and communications experience and responsibility.
- Demonstrated work experience in data entry, data management, and manipulation in a similar database.
- Highest level of attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the fundraising process and needs of relationship building.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently without close oversight while acting as a team player, highly organized with experience managing and accomplishing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Exhibits a positive, supportive, and cooperative disposition toward others emphasizing patience, understanding, and empathy.
- Self-aware about strengths and weaknesses and how to compensate for each.
- Commitment to equity, inclusion and belonging for all.
- Desire to join a mission-driven non-profit; sensitivity and respect for mission, values and culture of Mercy Connections.
- Ability to be mobile in a classroom
- Ability to work at a computer station for documentation and progress reporting.
- Any travel requires use of own means of transportation.
- Post-pandemic, remote work requests will be reviewed and considered in accordance with 21 V.S.A. § 309.
At Mercy Connections, we prioritize the health and safety of staff and participants, while also striving for radical hospitality. We adhere to recommendations and guidance of the VT Department of Health and will continue to adjust our COVID-19 practices accordingly. These may include closing our office, requiring proof of vaccination for in-person attendance, moving to online classes, mask-wearing and social distancing, rigorous sanitation and cleaning procedures, or other practices as required by local conditions.
To apply send cover letter & resume to: email@example.com (application materials must include a resume and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications).
Mercy Connections is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All members of the Mercy Connections community are valued as individuals.